How to Reduce Xbox Live Gold Membership Cost
Microsoft charges SGD $88 (Singapore Dollars) for a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription. But I have been getting at least a 25% discount for the past 3 years of membership. Read on to find out how.
I have been using Electronic First for my Xbox Live subscription needs. They normally have deals for 12+1 (13) or 12+2 (14) months of subscription besides the normal 12-month membership plan. The payment is via PayPal and the Xbox Live codes are usually sent to your e-mail address within 1 day. They stopped accepting payments from PayPal when I tried to use them to renew my membership in June 2013.
As I wanted to stick to my PayPal account for my online payments, I tried looking for an alternative online retailer and bumped into PC Game Supply.
Based on current exchange rates, both Electronic First and PC Game Supply charge between SGD $55 to SGD $65 for a 12-month Xbox Live membership. This equates to a minimum discount of 25%.
At the time of writing, Electronic First has resumed payments via PayPal but with an additional charge of 20%.
Latest posts by Mohamed Ibrahim (see all)
- Fix for WiFi Push Notifications Delay on Android - August 23, 2014
- Unix / Linux: Delete Files Older Than x Days - August 13, 2014
- How to Download The Business Times Print Edition in PDF for Free - August 5, 2014
- Shell Script: Echo to Stderr - July 27, 2014
- Session Hijacking - July 16, 2014